We are delighted to share the great news received on Oct 11th, 2018 that Translational Lung Cancer Research (TLCR) is selected by Clarivate Analytics (former Thomson Reuters Intellectual Property and Science Business) for indexing in the following products:
- Science Citation Index Expanded (also known as SciSearch®);
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition.
TLCR is the 7th journal of AME Publishing Company included by SCIE (Figure 1), following the other six sister journals:
- Journal of Thoracic Disease (jtd.amegroups.com);
- Translational Cancer Research (tcr.amegroups.com);
- Annals of Translational Medicine (atm.amegroups.com);
- Hepatobiliary Surgery and Nutrition (hbsn.amegroups.com);
- Quantitative Imaging in Medicine and Surgery (qims.amegroups.com);
- Annals of Cardiothoracic Surgery (http://www.annalscts.com/).
What’s more, TLCR is the first international journal devoted to closing the gap between “Bench and Bedside” in lung cancer and related thoracic diseases with Prof. Yilong Wu as the Honorary Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Yong Song, Prof. Caicun Zhou and Prof. Rafeal Rosell as the Editors-in-Chief, as well as the vigorous backup of a strong editorial board (Figure 2).
Since its launch in March 2012, TLCR has grown step by step (Figure 3).
- March 2012, first launched;
- December 2012, highlighted in MDLinx;
- September 2013, covered by Medscape;
- May 2014, indexed by Chemical Abstract Service (CAS) Database;
- December 2014, indexed by PubMed Central (PMC);
- October 2015, indexed by Scopus;
- January 2016, included in Emerging Sources Citation Index;
- October 2018, indexed by Science Citation Index Expanded
Its articles increased from 50 in the first year to now 687 in total (up to Jun 2018) (Figure 4).
Its citation is climbing in multiples (Figure 5).
Its readership is distributed to all over the world.
It’s grateful to see so much progress in the past six years, and this is indispensable of the contribution from our devoted editorial board members and authors (Figures 6,7).
Particularly, we would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to another group of experts—our Guest Editors, who have been actively involved in the forefront of scientific research and clinical practice and devoted their precious time and effort to organize the high-quality focused issues to demonstrate the cutting-edge knowledge, techniques, and discussions in their professional fields to our readers (Table 1).
Moreover, there are still our Section Editors, Reviewers and Readers worldwide that we could not express our appreciation one by one.
To TLCR, the coverage by SCIE is a milestone in its development, but also it marks an inception of a new stage with more chances and challenges forward. We look forward to the continued international teamwork to build TLCR an invaluable publication serving our scientists, doctors, patients and students, and welcome more and more excellent international peers and colleagues to join this endeavor.
Conflicts of Interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.