Lead Macmillan Lung Cancer Nurse Specialist at the Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
John White is the Lead Macmillan Lung Cancer Nurse Specialist at the Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, UK. He is currently the Vice-Chair of the Yorkshire Cancer Network Thoracic Group, a Committee Member of the IASLC Nursing and Allied Health Professional Group. He sits on the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation Grants Committee and is a Trustee of the National Lung Cancer Forum for Nurses.
He has previously held the positions of:
- Chair of the National Lung Cancer For Nurses
- Department of Health Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma Advisory Group
- Committee Member of the International Oncology Thoracic Nursing Forum
- British Thoracic Society Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma Specialist Advisory Group United Kingdom Lung Cancer Coalition (including Clinical Advisory Group)
- Global Lung Cancer Coalition
He is actively involved with the National Lung Cancer Forum for Nurses Research Interest Group whose remit is to promote research activity within the Lung Cancer Nurse Specialist community in the UK.
He is delighted to accept this opportunity to join the Editorial Board Member of Translational Lung Cancer Research(TLCR)and is relishing the challenge to promote the role of lung cancer nursing byraising awareness and knowledge of this specialist area of health care