This focused issue on “Lung Cancer and The Immune System” is edited by Dr. Daniel Steinfort.
Daniel Steinfort, MBBS, BMedSci, FRACP, PhD
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Associate Professor Daniel Steinfort is a Respiratory Physician at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, and Principal Research Fellow in the Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, having completed his PhD in 2012. A/Prof Steinfort has authored or co-authored over 100 medical articles on lung cancer and respiratory disease, with his particular field of expertise being Interventional Pulmonology. He is a significant contributor to active translational research programs examining the molecular and immunologic aspects of non-small cell lung cancer and small cell lung cancer. He is involved in multiple International research collaborations in diagnosis & staging of non-small cell lung cancer and has been Principal Investigator for multiple First-In-Human studies of bronchoscopic ablation techniques for NSCLC and other illnesses.
Focused issue outline:
- The role of tissue-resident memory T cells and lung cancer
- The knowns & unknowns of pulmonary toxicity following immune checkpoint inhibitor therapies
- Cancer-related sarcoidal reactions - pathogenesis & lessons for tumour-immune interaction
- Bronchoscopic alative immunotherapy - augemtation of anti-tumour immune response via bronchoscopic thermal vapour ablaton
- B-lymphocytes - the forgotten cell in anti-tumour immunity
- Combination stereotactic radiation and immune checkpoint inhibition for metastatic lung cancer
- Thermal ablation - a review of methodologies and evidence for combination with immune checkpoint inhibitors
- Exploring natural killer cell immunology as a therapeutic strategy in lung cancer
- Emerging and multifaceted role of neutrophils in lung cancer
- Glycodelin as a predictive marker for PD-1/PD-L1 immunotherapy in non-small-cell lung cancer
- Immunotherapy in oncogene-driven lung cancers
- EBUS-TBNA for minimally invasive assessment of immunotherapy biomarkers in NSCLC
The focused issue “Lung Cancer and The Immune System” was commissioned by the Editorial office, Translational Lung Cancer Research without any sponsorship or funding. Daniel Steinfort served as the unpaid Guest Editor for the focused issue.